The surgery is open Monday to Friday 8.30.am. to 6.00.p.m
Lunch-time Period: Between 12.00 noon and 1.30pm the surgery is only able to deal with emergencies. The direct telephone lines are diverted to an answer phone which explains that the surgery is closed for routine matters and advises patients to telephone on 01642 679681 if necessary.
We will not be able to deal with booking of appointments, requests for repeat prescriptions or test results during this period.
The Link Centre:
Attached to the practice is The Link Centre which provides a phlebotomy service for patients. If your Doctor requests some blood tests, you will go to The Link Centre to have your blood taken. The opening times for this service are:
Monday-Friday mornings 8.30am - 12.30pm
Monday-Thursday afternoons 1.30pm - 3.40pm
Friday afternoons 1.30pm - 2.40pm
Out of Hours:
Monday to Thursday: between the hours of 6.00pm and 8.00am
Weekends: between the hours of 6.00pm Friday and 8.00am Monday
Bank Holidays: from 6.00pm the night before until 8.00am the day after
What to do when the GP practice is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
When to call 111
You should call 111 when:
· you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
· your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
· you don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
· Major accident or trauma
· Severe breathlessness
· Severe bleeding
· Loss of consciousness
· Severe chest pain.